At Tom’s we take recycling seriously. For over 15 years we have built up relationships with many local businesses that will re–use and recycle nearly every different type of waste material that we collect.
Rest assured that we you hand over your rubbish to Tom’s it will end up in the right place, giving you peace of mind and reducing environmental impact.
We are aiming to recycle 100% of your rubbish and working hard towards this aim.
All rubbish collected is hand sorted
We work with local businesses, meaning a lower carbon footprint reducing the effect on the environment.
Because of the care we take in sorting your rubbish we are able to get the best prices for it and pass on the savings to you.
- Wood/green waste i.e. tree waste plants edge cuttings.
- PVC/plastic bottles and cellophane
- Old household items e.g. fridges if working sofas beds lighting tv garden furniture and much more.
- Hardcore e.g. Brick concrete old tiles.
- Reclaimed materials such as tiles fire places and old floor boards.
- Soil. Which then can be used for topsoil or our base soil.
The Landfill Directive has set targets of reducing the amount of waste going to landfill and the Landfill Tax was introduced in 1996 in an attempt to reduce this. While modern landfills are well managed they can contribute to contaminated ground water in the area, pollute air quality and put the local environment under severe pressure. While sending to landfill cannot be avoided altogether we can help to reduce the amount that is sent by recycling and re–using as much as we can.